11 Ways To Completely Revamp Your Planters
Do your planters need a makeover? If they’re looking a little drab, don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to give them a fresh new look!
In this blog post, we’ll show you 11 different ways to revamp your planters. Whether you want to give them a new coat of paint, add some embellishments, or completely change their style, we’ve got you covered.
So if you’re ready to give your planters a makeover, read on!
A goal without a plan is just a wish. – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Are your planters looking a little lackluster? If so, don’t worry – you can easily revamp them with a few simple changes. In this blog post, we’ll share 11 ways that you can completely transform your planters. From repainting them to adding new accessories, there are plenty of ways to give your planters a whole new look. So if you’re ready for a change, read on!
Out With The Old, In With The New
We all get comfortable in our routines. The same goes for our plant pots and containers. Over time, they may become stained, cracked, or just plain old. If your plant pots are looking a little worse for wear, it may be time for a change. Here are 11 ways to revamp your planters and give them new life.
1. Give them a good cleaning.
The first step to giving your planters a makeover is to give them a good cleaning. This will help them look fresh and new and will also remove any build-up of dirt or debris. You can use a garden hose, a pressure washer, or even just a bucket of soapy water.
2. Change up the potting mix.
If you’re starting fresh with your planters, you’ll need to change up the potting mix. This is important because it will help your plants thrive. Choose a mix that is appropriate for the type of plants you are potting.
3. Add some drainage holes.
If your planters don’t have drainage holes, now is the time to add them. This is important because it will allow excess water to drain out, preventing your plants from becoming waterlogged. You can buy pre-made drainage holes or make your own with a drill.
4. Line the bottom with pebbles.
Lining the bottom of your planters with pebbles is a great way to improve drainage. It also adds a nice aesthetic touch.
5. Create a focal point.
When you’re potting plants, it’s important to create a focal point. This will help your plants stand out and make a statement. You can do this by choosing plants of different colors, textures, or sizes.
6. Incorporate texture.
Incorporating texture into your planters is a great way to add interest. You can do this by using plants with different leaves or adding other materials like rocks or shells.
7. Use unconventional materials.
If you really want to change things up, try using unconventional materials for your planters. This could include anything from recycled tires to old milk jugs.
8. Go monochromatic.
Monochromatic planters are very popular right now. To create this look, choose plants and potting materials that are all the same color.
9. Think outside the pot.
There’s no rule that says your plants have to be potted in traditional pots. Get creative and pot them in anything from baskets to buckets.
10. Get personal.
Make your planters personal by adding your own unique touches. This could include painting them, adding decals, or even just using your favorite pots.
11. Have fun!
Remember, the most important thing is to have fun with your planters. This is your chance to get creative and experiment. So go ahead and try something new!
A New Perspective
1. Get a new perspective by moving your planters around.
2. Try different heights to change things up.
3. Create a focal point by grouping your planters together.
4. Think outside the box and use non-traditional planters.
5. Use different materials to add interest.
6. Incorporate different textures.
7. Use bold colors to make a statement.
8. Try an asymmetrical design.
9. Go for a more natural look.
10. Use planters to create privacy.
11. Add some fun accessories.
Mix It Up
1. Get a variety of different sized pots and planters.
2. Pick a color scheme.
3. Go to your local nursery or garden center.
4. Get a variety of plants that are all different heights.
5. Place the taller plants in the back.
6. Fill in the gaps with the smaller plants.
7. Add some mulch or rocks for decoration.
8. Water regularly and enjoy your new planters!
A New Approach
1. Find some old planters that you no longer use and give them a makeover.
2. Go to a thrift store and buy some cheap planters to upcycle.
3. Use spray paint to create a new look for your planters.
4. Get creative with patterned duct tape and wrap your planters in a new design.
5. Decorate your planters with stencils and paint.
6. Use washi tape to add a pop of color or pattern to your planters.
7. Glue on some fake flowers or greenery to give your planters a new lease on life.
8. Add some bling to your planters with rhinestones, sequins, or glitter.
9. Wrap your planters in twine or yarn for a rustic look.
10. Get adventurous and try out decoupage or mosaics on your planters.
11. Use your imagination and come up with your own unique way to revamp your planters!
If you’re looking for a way to add some new life to your home décor, consider revamping your planters. It’s a simple and inexpensive way to freshen up your space, and there are endless possibilities for how to do it. Here are 11 ideas to get you started:
1. Choose a new color scheme.
2. Go for a bold and unexpected shape.
3. Incorporate pattern and texture.
4. Layer different plants.
5. Create a mini garden.
6. Hang your planters.
7. Go natural.
8. Use recycled materials.
9. Get creative with drainage.
10. Add some bling.
11. Think outside the pot.
So what are you waiting for? Get revamping!
The Best Plants For A Windowsill: An Expert Guide - Home Care Fix
[…] it comes to choosing plants for your windowsill, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, think about the amount of sunlight that hits your […]
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
About Michelle Wilde
Michelle Wilde is a stay-at-home mom and avid plant lover. Armed with a post-graduate degree in Computer Science (no kidding!), she loves researching plants and landscapes. When she is not caring for her 4 kids, she spends time on her passion for plants. She blogs at www.indoorplantschannel.com, the trusted source for indoor plants.
* You will receive the latest posts and updates about indoor plants!
- FAQ (218)
- General (1)
- How-To Guides (220)
- Indoor Plants (220)
[…] “If you want to add some color and life to your porch or patio, planting in containers is a great way to do it! But there are a few things you need to know to make sure your plants thrive. Check out our tips below.” […]