If you’re like me, you love the look of big, lush artificial plants in your home. But over time, they can start to look a little lackluster. Here are some tips for keeping your big artificial plants looking fresh and new.
“The best way to keep your big artificial plants looking fresh and new is to take care of them like you would any other plant. Water them when they need it, give them plenty of sunlight, and don’t forget to fertilize them.”
How To Keep Your Big Artificial Plants Fresh
Artificial plants are a great way to add some greenery to your home without worrying about watering or caring for them. But even fake plants need a little bit of TLC from time to time.
If you have large artificial plants that are made of plastic, the best way to keep them fresh and new is to clean them with a mixture of soap and water.
If your artificial plant is looking grimy, you may need to give it a more thorough cleaning.
- Remove the plant from its pot and place it in a sink or tub.
- Fill the sink or tub with warm water and mild soap.
- Gently swish the plant around in the water to loosen any dirt and grime.
- Finally, rinse the plant well and allow it to air dry completely before putting it back in its pot.
Following these simple tips, you can keep your artificial plants looking their best for years to come!
How To Clean Your Large Artificial Plants
Here are some tips on how to keep large artificial plants clean:
- Start by dusting off the leaves. You can use a feather duster, a soft cloth, or even just a can of compressed air. It will help remove any built-up dust and dirt.
- If your artificial plant is looking a little dull, you can try spritzing it with some water. It will help refresh the leaves and make them look more vibrant.
- If there are any stubborn stains on the leaves, you can try gently scrubbing them with a soft-bristled brush. Be careful not to scrub too hard, as this could damage the leaves.
- If the leaves are extremely dirty, you can use a mild soap and a soft-bristled brush to scrub them clean. Once you have dusted or scrubbed the leaves, rinse them off with clean water.
- To clean the stems of the plants, use a damp cloth to wipe them down. If the stems are very dirty, you can use a mild soap and a soft-bristled brush to scrub them clean.
- Once you have dusted or scrubbed the stems, rinse them off with clean water.
- After cleaning the plants, you can use a hairdryer on the cool setting to dry them off. Alternatively, you can let the plant’s air dry.
5 Methods To Clean Large Artificial Plants At Home
There are five methods to clean large artificial plants at home with simple supplies. All of them have different advantages and disadvantages.
- Feather Duster
- Soft Cloth
- Mild Soap and water solution
1. Feather Duster
The quickest way to clean the large artificial plants is to dust them off with a feather duster. This is also an effective method for cleaning delicate artificial flowers. Although it cleans well, this method is not as effective as others.
2. Soft Cloth
The easiest way to clean artificial plants is to use a soft cloth, but this method is not effective and should be used daily or on alternate days.
The vacuum with a soft brush attachment is an effective and simple method to clean large artificial plants.
4. Mild Soap And Water Solution
Using water and soap is the most gentle option. It won’t damage the leaves, and it’s easy to do. The downside is that it doesn’t always get rid of all the dirt and dust.
Hairspray is the harshest option. It can damage the leaves, and it’s not always effective at getting rid of dirt and dust. But it’s very quick and easy to use.
The Best Way To Clean Large Artificial Plants
After dusting your large artificial plants, the best way to clean them is by using a mixture of water and dish soap.
Fill a sink or bucket with lukewarm water and add a few drops of dish soap. Gently swish the leaves of the plant around in the water and then rinse with clean water.
Repeat this process if the leaves are particularly dirty. Once you have finished washing the leaves, pat them dry with a clean towel.
How Often Should You Clean Large Artificial Plants
Ideally, you should clean your artificial plants once every two weeks. However, depending on the location of your plant and the amount of dust and dirt it collects, you may need to clean it more or less often.
It is best to clean your artificial plants every few months, or as needed. You can tell when they need to be cleaned when they start to look dusty.
How To Shine Large Artificial Plants
Many of the cleaning products are made particularly for artificial plants, and they give shine to the leaves as well! You only need to lightly sprinkle the leaves with a spray or mist to keep them looking fresh and dewy.
You can also shine your large artificial plants by cleaning them with a soft cloth or brush. You can also vacuum them with the brush attachment to dust them off.
If the plants are very dirty, you may need to use a stronger soap solution or even a commercial artificial plant cleaner. Be sure to rinse the plants thoroughly after cleaning to remove any soap residue.
The Best Products To Use For Shining Large Artificial Plants
When it comes to cleaning large artificial plants, there are a few products that work best.
- You will need a large brush or broom to sweep away any dust or dirt that has accumulated on the leaves.
- You will need a mild soap or detergent to clean the leaves themselves.
- Finally, you will need a polishing cloth to make the leaves shine.
Here are some specific products that work well for each step of the cleaning process:
For sweeping away dust and dirt
- Large broom
- Large brush
- For cleaning the leaves:
- Mild soap or detergent
For polishing the leaves:
- Polishing cloth
Common Mistakes People Make When Cleaning Large Artificial Plants
- Overlooking the leaves
- Not using the right tools
- Not dusting regularly
- Not using a protective spray
- Not storing it properly
1. Overlooking The Leaves
One of the most common mistakes people make when cleaning large artificial plants is overlooking the leaves. The leaves are often the dirtiest part of the plant, and they can be difficult to clean. Make sure you dust the leaves regularly.
2. Not Using The Right Tools
Another common mistake is not using the right tools. Large artificial plants can be difficult to clean with a regular vacuum cleaner. You may need to invest in a special vacuum cleaner attachment or a handheld vacuum cleaner to get the job done.
3. Not Dusting Regularly
People make another mistake, which is not dusting the artificial plants regularly. Dust can build up on the leaves and stems, making the plant look dirty. Be sure to dust the plant regularly with a soft cloth or a dusting brush.
4. Not Using A Protective Spray
Another common mistake is not using a protective spray. Artificial plants are made of materials that can be damaged by water, so it’s important to use a protective spray to keep them from getting ruined.
5. Not Storing Properly
Another error that people make is improperly storing artificial plants. Large artificial plants can be difficult to store, so be sure to keep them in a cool, dry place.
- Wash the leaves with a damp cloth to remove any dust or dirt.
- Use a plant brush to reach any hard-to-reach areas.
- Place the plant in the sink and rinse the leaves with lukewarm water.
- Gently shake the plant to remove any excess water.
- Allow the plant to air dry completely before putting it back in its pot.
To clean large artificial plants first, dust them off with a soft cloth. Then, using a mild soap and water solution, wipe down the leaves and stems. Be sure to rinse the plants thoroughly afterward to remove any soap residue.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the easiest way to clean large artificial plants at home?
The easiest way to clean large artificial plants is to dust them regularly with a soft cloth. If they start to look dull, you can wash them with a mild soap and water solution.
Be sure to rinse them well and allow them to air dry completely before putting them back in place.
2. What is the best way to clean my large artificial plants?
The best way to clean artificial plants is to use a soft cloth or brush to dust them off. You can also use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to clean them. If your artificial plants are very dirty, you can wash them with a mild soap and water solution.
3. Can I use chemicals to clean my large artificial plants?
No, you should not use chemicals to clean artificial plants. Chemicals can damage the plants and make them look faded.
4. How can I protect my large artificial plants from dust?
You can protect your artificial plants from dust by placing them in a room that does not get a lot of traffic. You can also dust them regularly to keep the dust from building up.
5. My large artificial plants are starting to look faded. What can I do?
If your artificial plants are starting to look faded, you can try cleaning them with a mild soap and water solution. You can also try using a UV protectant spray to help them keep their color.
6. How can I remove stains from my large artificial plants?
Stains can be removed from artificial plants by using a mild soap and water solution. First, test the solution on a small area of the plant to make sure it does not damage the material. Then, apply the solution to the stain and scrub it gently with a soft brush.
Using these simple tips, you can keep your big artificial plants looking fresh and new for years to come!